Make the Most of National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
May is a good month to get moving, and not just because it’s when spring hits full stride. May is also National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. At Life Fitness, we consider it our job to encourage people to move and be active, so May is the perfect month for us to spread our message and the message of the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition.
Do you meet suggested physical activity guidelines?
- 2 hours and 30 minutes of moderate aerobic activity (brisk walking, swimming, dancing, etc.) each week OR 1 hour and 15 minutes of vigorous activity (biking, running, jumping rope, etc.) each week.
- 2 days of muscle-strengthening activity (weight lifting, exercise bands, etc.) each week.
During May, the is encouraging adults to get at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day. And for the next month, we’ll provide tips on how to do just that. Here’s what we’ll be sharing with you during National Physical Fitness and Sports Month:
- Life Fitness Academy expertise. Do you know about Life Fitness Academy, our invaluable global training and education division? Soon we’ll kick off our Trainer of the Month program, which will provide access to one of our certified trainers each month. In May, we’ll highlight some of the resources already created by LFA. In June, we’ll introduce the first Trainer of the Month.
- Inspiring stories from everyday exercisers, trainers and gym owners about how fitness and activity has made a difference in their lives.
- Tips on how to build the perfect home gym. Our friends at Modernize offer great ideas on turning even small spaces into effective workout areas.
May is a great chance for novice exercisers to take the first step toward a more fit and healthy lifestyle. And it’s an opportunity for experienced exercisers to challenge themselves to even more activity. Good luck.